On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 at 13:45, yomin estiven jaramillo munera
<yejm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm saying this 'cause our robot is a miller MR 2000  and is very old, it
> is moving how you can see in the follow link

You are right, that isn't a "pure" serial robot so Genserkins is
probably not a good choice.

You could potentially add and subtract motor positions in HAL to make
it work, but it is likely to be easier to write a custom kinematics
from scratch.

The robot seems to be geometrically fairly simple, being largely all
in one plane.

Look at the old version of trivkins to see how simple a kinematics file can be:

https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/2.6/src/emc/kinematics/trivkins.c

Just two functions, one to calculate joint positions from world
coordinates and one to do the reverse (everything after line 67 there
is the same  in all kins files, unless they need pins, paramters etc)

--
atp
lunatics."