On Friday 22 March 2019 14:41:33 Les Newell wrote:

> > neither ships to the states.
>
> Sure they do
> <https://www.ebay.com/itm/for-CNC-Lathe-Metal-Milling-Machine-Mist-Coo
>lant-Lubrication-Spray-System-Unit/283340566564>
> <https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Silver-304-Stainless-Steel-Capillary-Tu
>be-1-6-2-3-4-10mm-OD-250mm-Length/222945548060>
>
> Les

Not from the previously posted links, Less.  And its a bit late, the
plumbing is complete but not tested. I drilled into the side of the
mounting block to borrow the pop bottle air, setting a piece of 1/8" OD
brass pipe into the hole with some super glue. And found when I found my
stock of model makers brass tubing, that I had a foot of 1/16" OD which
will make the needed flow restriction so thats now between the pickup in
the bottle, and the little fluid line, taped down on top of the gantry
frame with enough of the 1/8" ID line to allow X to move full travel.
It'll get tested when the superglue is hard. Probably could right now,
its had around 3 hours to cure.

Hilitchi supplied the coke lid fittings, inserted into a puddle of gell
glue from the inside of the coke lid. The only problem is a lack of a
broom clip to grab the lid with to keep the coke bottle from jiggling
loose as the gantry moves, there are none of those broom clip puppies
for sale in the county. Walmart folks weren't sure they even knew what
they were! Sigh...  Might have to rig a miniature bungee cord to hold
it.

Yeah, go work the air hose onto the brass pipe & test it right about now.

Nope, a foot of 1/16 inch od brass pipe is still about 40x too much
liquid. Drained 3 ounces out of the coke bottle in around 2 minutes and
would have washed the workpiece clean. Even turned down to about 5 psi,
huge slobbery drops, not a spray at all. At 20 psig, about the right
amount of atomization but aimed straight out, it only sagged about 4" in
3 feet, way too strong. So I just bought some more even smaller stuffs
<https://www.ebay.com/itm/153141897482>, still cheaper than a quality
needle valve. But I am getting frustrated trying to find the stuff to
make an idea actually work. Next would be a spring loaded blowoff to
limit bottle pressure, at risk of losing more air. In which case I'll
put this small bore in series going to the bottle to limit the air flow.

Some of Rube Goldbergs patents will have nothing on me...