> > Ditto if using an R8 directly, the R8 gets tightened with a 20 volt
> > electric impact wrench driving an 8 point 10mm socket a lot tighter
> > than I can draw it by hand with the supplied toy 10mm endwrench.  If
> > not, the TTS in the R8 may slip and walk out. The life of that
> > socket before it splits might be 50 times, its hell on good quality
> > sockets.

Hi Gene

I found this video that may be food for thought.

It's very slow because they were just testing out, and there's no follow up
video either..  (still looking)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0v_aP8hXR8

>From what I see;
- this is a six station ATC
- a motor drives a belt that drives two small gears
- each small gear drives three large gears
- each large gear carries a socket.

While their sockets all rotate the same way, you could just cascade all the
large gears in a straight line, and use opposite motion sequence for
alternate pockets. With some mechanical loss as you go down the line.