On 06/01/2019 02:52 PM, John Dammeyer wrote:
But it's turning out that the PCs I have show a latency of 25uS with on board
video and go up to almost 100uS with 3 different low profile video boards.  The
stock motherboard video with WIN-XP can do 75Khz under MACH3.  The Smooth
Stepper can also do way more.   I need at least 55kHz to get full speed from my
DC Servos.  Looks like 20 kHz step rate is the max with the existing hardware
under LinuxCNC.

If the video makes a difference, then you may be able to do better by disabling some of the video acceleration options, or changing to a different video driver.

Jon