Thanks Peter,

> interface
> >> that has two ribbon cables compatible with PC Parallel port pinout so the
> >> latency isn't an issue
> >>

> http://store.mesanet.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=303
> &search=7I92H
>
> is available (just different connector arrangement, still 2x LPT compatible
> pinouts)

So then the question is:

With LinuxCNC and a latency measurement in the 25030 to 27420 can this board
generate the 55kHz stepping pulses?

I have two DC Servos, 3200RPM.  250 line encoder, and both 3:1 (X) and 4: 1 (Y)
 reduction to 5TPI screws.

Math says 3200 RPM 53.3333  RPS.  With 4x 250 line encoder is 1000 lines per
rev so 53333.333kHz stepping pulses.

I expect this will work easily with LinuxCNC.  Yes?

And do you have a driver for WIN-XP and MACH3 by any chance?

Thanks
John