On Thursday 17 October 2019 10:40:25 Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Thursday 17 October 2019 10:04:39 andy pugh wrote:
> > On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 at 14:31, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
>
> wrote:
> > > loadusr units
> > > But much later when the postgui.hal was ran, where I have this
> > > line: #net    display-mode    <= units.prog_mm        =>
> > > pyvcp.x-in-mm
> >
> > Where did this HAL file come from? I have never previously heard of
> > a hal component called "units"
>
> I haven't a clue Andy, other than its been working for 2 years on the
> pi3 running my Sheldon. Right now I'm trying to get a realtime kernel
> built for buster-10.1 to see if it still works. It worked on a jessie
> install all this time. And it worked on a stretch install I must have
> overwritten. I can't find it in the dozen or so 32 and 64GB cards I
> have.
>
> But it takes RealtimePi quite a few hours to build a realtime image.
> Been working on it a bit over 2 hours now.

And failed, realtimepi builds an older 4.14 kernel for buster, which
stops booting at a text login on tty1, and has no keyboard/mouse so no
login possible.  And my feet are killing me. Only about 14C with a good
20 KT wind, had the garage door open so I could put a new blue oval sign
on the tailgate which I had backed up against the garage door.  All the
blue was gone from the OEM decorator, looked like crap.
Time to go get the misses her daily fishwrap, and whatever for dinner if
I don't have it.

And I still need that units conversion module, or I have to cobble it up
with a couple scale's and a mux4 some of which can go in the slower jog-
thread. But that can wait till I've transplanted the pi4 into the lathe.

That may happen over the weekend if the warmer weather promised yesterday
materializes.

Those teeny little, and cheap peristaltic pumps showed up today, hooked
one up to a 12 volt supply, looks promising. 5 watts, I might be able to
run it direct on the 7i76 field outputs.  And maybe not, thats a fat 400
ma.  And its inductive.

Thanks Andy

 - Louis D. Brandeis