For that to work you would need something like this in your hal file:

loadrt hal_parport cfg="0 out 1 out 2 out"

>From what I gather you have two ports, one for a mill and one for a lathe.

So you would have two separate configs and one would have:

loadrt hal_parport cfg="0 out"

And the other would have:

loadrt hal_parport cfg="1 out"

And BOTH would have

parport.0.pin-nn-out etc. etc.

Because BOTH have only one parport therefore it is the first parport in the
config.