ah I see thanks for that I couldn't work out how that was supposed to work
so that is not going to happen then on the cnc mill.  guess I will need to
buy chinese servo drives and motors if the existing heidenhain inverter
doesn't work and I can't interface with it.  apparently it takes a PWM
command from the heidenhain main controller via ribbon cables

well I also have a cnc lathe with fanuc 10 m servo motors and a transformer
to make 230v three phase which I could then rectify.  Not that I know how
to do that haha.

the servos on the fanuc lathe are only 1.8 kw so I think I would get away
with it on those.

but the price is quite attractive compared with buying new chinese servo
drives and motors etc.

regards

Andrew