On 06/06/2020 06:47 AM, andrew beck wrote:
hey andy

my motor feedback type is a fanuc incremental encoder.  i think it is a sin
cos.
If this is the 10S motor you are talking about, it has traditional differential TTL quadrature plus index, plus 4 commutation signals that repeat 4 times per revolution. Yes, it is an 8-pole motor.
  I did go throught it and checked that it was not a serial encoder a
couple of months ago but I wil try dig the info out later  I think it is
2048ppr
No, the 10S is not available with 2048 pulses. Your choices are 1000, 2000, 2500, 3000 and 10,000.

Jon