I don't really know much about it.  there is a big heidenhain service
manual online I found that mentioned it.   apparently there are also extra
boards that allow you to interface a 0-10v signal also which then converts
to PWM in the inverter.  So I bet there are pretty standard.   If I do end
up buying this then I will check it all out and definitely be asking here
for help.  you guys are amazing the way everyone is so helpful

there is a heidenhain service agent here in new zealand that is a good
company to deal with also and they would probably help me with any info I
need.

But I have zero interest in fixing the old control.  not that it is bad but
I have already been down that route before and it is just a pain.  linuxcnc
is amazing once it is set up as you can do anything with it.  and parts are
cheap  and I understand enough now to be comfortable with it

just for everyone's interest here is a very similar machine to what I
currently have and what I am looking at buying for the second machine.
 Only the one I am looking at has dead electronics

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16TQ8mJ7jEkG6OZ7TfgxgSFxu4gopIaLr/view?usp=sharing

regards

Andrew