> What generator software? Openscad, using the thingiverse parametric .scad
> files, cannot render a shaft of more than 9.9mm's, else we could do this
> by enlarging the shaft, so all we'ed have to print was a ring of teeth.

Attached is a picture of a 41T GT2 2mm pulley with a 54mm shaft diameter.
Generated with the same OpenSCAD file.

I’m using it on a Mac but it should work the same on Linux. This model is
designed to have many features customizable by changing parameters. You can do
this by editing the code directly  (eg, find where it says motor_shaft =6; and
change that number to whatever you like).

Another much nicer way to customize it is to use the customizer tool panel. Go
to View>Hide Customizer and make sure that this option is unchecked. This
brings up a list of spin buttons that lets you adjust each parameter found in
the file. If you turn on Automatic Preview at the top of the Customizer, it
should give you a live preview as you change parameters.

If you cannot see the preview then make sure that View>Preview is checked.