On 11/01/2020 12:46 PM, Ed wrote:
On 11/1/20 10:30 AM, andy pugh wrote:
On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 at 04:43, andrew beck <andrewbeck0...@gmail.com> wrote:

On a 7i76 the 0_10v is isolated from the Mesa card I think. Is a 7i77 similar? I just a bit cagy about connecting up electrically to the VFD
inputs.  As I don't want to blow anything.
Most VFDs have isolation between the mains and the control inputs. You definitely want to make sure of this before connecting anything up.
(Some SCR-type motor drives do NOT have such isolation.)

Where would a Mesa SpinX1 or a Pico Spindle DAC fit in here?
The Pico Systems Spindle DAC is an 8-bit DAC with parallel inputs, and two other inputs that enable either positive or negative outputs of 0-10 V. It is not isolated, so depends on the
VFD to be isolated.

Jon