On Saturday 12 December 2020 16:41:29 John Dammeyer wrote:

> > From: Nicklas SB Karlsson [mailto:nk@nksb.online]
> >
> > To make a link to a file "ln -s filename filename", read manual page
> > "man ln", I always create the link in the wrong direction first
> > time.
>
> Oh gawd, that would mean using the command line.  How antiquated is
> that when the File manager drop down menu and dialogs do it for you?
>
> <GRIN>

I'm glad you put a GRIN on that, somebody might even think you are
serious.

> John

Good grief Charley Brown.  How about learning to use that command line?

Open a Konsole, add a few tabs, and in one of them any of them type
linuxcnc -lENTER

The -l tells linuxcnc to use the same gui it used the last time you ran
it.

Simple, works 100% of the time if you can type. I've never ever found a
file manager that actually gets it right OOTB. I think theres an
unwritten rule that it won't. Why muck around with a file manager?
Except for the swiss army knife called mc, most don't do what they need
then to do anyway.

<GRIN>

 - Louis D. Brandeis