On Saturday 12 December 2020 20:53:57 Jon Elson wrote:

> On 12/12/2020 06:01 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Simple, works 100% of the time if you can type. I've never
> > ever found a file manager that actually gets it right
> > OOTB. I think theres an unwritten rule that it won't. Why
> > muck around with a file manager? Except for the swiss army
> > knife called mc, most don't do what they need then to do
> > anyway. <GRIN> Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> For LinuxCNC, I create a toolbar launcher that has linuxcnc
> /blah/blah/configs/<directory>/blah.ini

Exactly.

> so it launches LinuxCNC without having to select the configs
> file with the menu.  The procedure to create a toolbar
> launcher varies from Linux distro to distro, so I did not
> put that here.
>
> Jon

in a terminal, konsole preferred:
linuxcnc -l ENTER
has worked for arund 15 years on every distro we've supported.
Simple, skips the chooser stuff. As long as it is in your path, it just
works. ISTR it even worked with my first BDI install. There were a lot
of things broken with the bdi install at the time, but I don't recall
that being one of them.

Thanks Jon.

 - Louis D. Brandeis