Watch https://youtu.be/kwLydF4osc4 for an approach that I'm currently
playing with to reduce probe breakage .

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerrit Visser <gerr...@psgv.ca>
Sent: March 14, 2021 4:33 PM
To: 'Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)' <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Probe recommendations.

I am still at the 'tooling breakage' stage of cnc. So far only 1 Aliexpress
tip broken (CA$12 cost). I have some more on the way because I expect it
won't be the last broken one.
I have 2 Renishaw TP2's, they are surviving my inexperience so far. M2
threads.
Renishaw makes a sacrificial breakaway adapter, essentially a short piece of
material with a groove. Male and female M4 threads at opposite ends. It
however costs more than you were spending on just the probe.

Ken, this might be an option to try?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001421085958.html . If you make the
breakaway adapter then the more plentiful choices of M2 and M2.5 threaded
ones can come into play as well.

gerrit