Phil,
I agree with you.

The one event that scared me the most was setting up a new AB 8400 retrofit. AB
improved the "G" software to go to zero after home (undocumented).The machine
was a P&W Wolverine with three spindle heads X 120" Y 50" Z 24" and 40HP. The
true thrill of Z axis trying to put the face of the spindle flat on the table
with a test bar in it will stop your heart.Z home is near the top of Z stroke,
and you define it as required. Do not assume home is zero, it is a preset value
from Zero, or it should be.(Home is where the marker pulse is)
Scott H

    On Sunday, April 4, 2021, 9:08:01 AM CDT, Feral Engineer