On Tue, 2021-06-29 at 13:42 -0600, R C wrote:
> On 6/29/21 11:09 AM, Valerio Bellizzomi wrote:
> > The whole purpose of a CoC is telling people how to behave with
> > respect
> > to each other. Basically you are free to think as you will provided
> > that you act as the CoC says.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> and that is why it is inappropriate, and useless, there is no way
> you
> can predict how/what  offends people (and nowadays. Creating rules
> for
> what/how/when and to whom what can be said, well, there are
> countries
> where you can happily follow those rules.

This is what I think:

The point of a CoC is to tell people that the expected behavior is to
act kindly with respect to each other, and the CoC must foresee and
provide means to resolve any controvercies that may arise, and do this
kindly as much as possible in order to reestablish the community
aggregation and mutual respect.

I don't understand why there is so much friction on adopting a CoC, the
vast majority of open source projects around the world has a CoC which
is created, reviewed and accepted by community members.

The only point I can make is that we need a community revision and
voting of the CoC.

Regards