On Sat, 2021-07-17 at 16:33 -0400, Dave Cole wrote:
> I missed the beginning as well, but I think something happened that
> was
> not on this email list that prompted the COC stuff ?
> Perhaps it was an attempt to prevent a future issue!?
>
> I really have no idea.
>
> No one has ever explained why it was written or why it is
> important.   I
> asked more than once .... and the response was "crickets".
>
> Personally, I don't see the need for it.
>
> I'm not big into making up or accepting additional rules when they
> can't
> be explained.
> You saw the results of this "non-event".   It wasn't pretty.   If
> someone thinks this is needed.  Pipe up and say why.
>
> Anyway, I think we need to remember that LCNC is a "cooperative
> effort"
> between a number of very intelligent folks.

I only write here occasionally, and really it isn't a big deal to
follow the CoC, it even might learn something to the malicious who
thinks this list is a good place to do trolling: don't even start.

Sincerely there is very intelligent people here, but in some cases
intelligence falls short when it comes to abide to an objectively tiny
set of additional rules for the common good.