On 7/12/23 02:23, Chris Albertson wrote:

On Jul 11, 2023, at 5:42 PM, gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

... I'll bet real money that OpenSCAD is easier to learn.

Openscad is certainly easy for some simple things but impossible for others.
Try making a cordless power tool in OpenScad.

But in Fusion a power tool is used as an intermediate-level tutorial project.
The screenshot below is something a person could learn to make after some weeks
of study.  I doubt anyone would even attempt it in OpenScad.   Then assuming
you do make the OpenScad model, could you make changes in real-time as the
client pointed out changed he would like

You have an excellent point there Chris, were I to attempt that today, I would probably be several weeks writing it for linuxcnc as that looks much easier to do in a subtractive format. Either way, I at my age, would find it difficult to make customer requested mods. 60 years younger with my better memory then it would have been much easier.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis