Dear <<empyreans>>,

...another brief comment: in the wake of FBI Dir. James Comey and NSA Dir. Adm. Mike Rogers's debunking of claims of presidential wiretapping, a BBC commentator said that the president will want to "move the conversation onto other subjects"...

...corollary to online radicalisation by ISL using social media, online radicalisation by alt-right through social media (enhanced by filter bubble type effects*) (other radicalisations may be substituted for these):

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/15/alt-right-manosphere-mainstream-politics-breitbart

*..."describes the tendency of social networks like Facebook and Twitter to lock users into personalized feedback loops, each with its own news sources, cultural touchstones and political inclinations. We seem to like these places, and so do social media companies — they keep us clicking from one self-affirmation to another." - from here <https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/03/arts/the-battle-over-your-political-bubble.html?_r=0>

...since they are micro theatres of consciousness itself, I doubt that this goes far enough in explaining the power of epistemic bubbles (as systems of internal resonance, the gratifications of which are internalising and internalised, like a language, like the promise one makes to oneself, to be reinforced at every opportunity: /I am a ... /) (tell oneself something often enough and it will engage belief). For effects of epistemic bubbles to take hold no prior disaffection is necessary but is a matter of contingency, of the contingency of what is /outside/ (which externality is annulled and from which one is freed by belief).