On 17/12/2013 14:38, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On 15/12/2013 17:43, Philip Jackson wrote:
>> 1.  import public key : this seems to work and the imported key is
>> immediately displayed in Kleopatra but not in Thunderbird key manager until
>> Thunderbird is restarted
>
> This may not be entirely an Enigmail problem.  I have seen exactly that
> behaviour in Linux over a long period, when KMail couldn't see newly imported
> signatures but Kgpg reported them.  As with Thunderbird, it required a
> restart to see them, so I came to the conclusion that maybe the signature
> file is read once only, when starting up.  Of course the reason could be
> something entirely different :-)
>
> Anne
Olav's suggestion to try the 'Reload key cache' works fine.  The newly imported
'sender key' is then displayed in the Key Manager.

This also explains why in one of my cases, the option  'View key properties'
under the 'Details' button did not do anything.  Until the key cache is reloaded
and the key info is present in the key manager, 'View key properties' does
nothing - not even an error message.  As soon as the key cache has been
reloaded, 'View key properties' works correctly.

This behaviour is probably worth a bug report on its own. (when I find out how
to do so)

Philip