On 20/12/2013 15:48, Patrick Brunschwig wrote:
> On 18.12.13 00:24, Philip Jackson wrote:
>>>
>>> This may not be entirely an Enigmail problem.  I have seen
>>> exactly that behaviour in Linux over a long period, when KMail
>>> couldn't see newly imported signatures but Kgpg reported them.
>>> As with Thunderbird, it required a restart to see them, so I came
>>> to the conclusion that maybe the signature file is read once
>>> only, when starting up.  Of course the reason could be something
>>> entirely different :-)
>>>
>>> Anne
>> Olav's suggestion to try the 'Reload key cache' works fine.  The
>> newly imported 'sender key' is then displayed in the Key Manager.
>
>> This also explains why in one of my cases, the option  'View key
>> properties' under the 'Details' button did not do anything.  Until
>> the key cache is reloaded and the key info is present in the key
>> manager, 'View key properties' does nothing - not even an error
>> message.  As soon as the key cache has been reloaded, 'View key
>> properties' works correctly.
>
> Is there any error message in the Thunderbird Error Console (menu
> Tools > Error console)?
>
> -Patrick
Nothing found in the Thunderbird error console.  I'm trying to read the enigmail
debug file but it's quite difficult (in fact, quite a bugger) with lines that
don't wrap. Copy and paste to a text editor needs returns and new lines put in
manually.

I'm still checking and I'll make a bug report over the weekend.
Philip