On 02/14/2017 03:47 PM, Anders Bateva wrote:
Hello. I've been plagued, on the last months, by the impossibility of
creating a key pair for me. I had given up, but as I continue to use
e-mail, I still feel the need to encrypt it, but I can't!

I opened "enigmail configuration assistant"->"standard configuration",
and, as always, this process progressed a little on the first 20 minutes
(1 tick on the progress bar). Then, it stopped for 1 hour. I already
tried before letting it alone for more than 4 hours, and no progress was
made. It simply can't generate the keys. The same happens by the way
"enigmail key manager -> generate -> new key par".

I already uninstalled gnupg, and I'm sure I have gnupg2. I have
Thunderbird 45.7.0 with Enigmail 1.9.6.1.

What to do?

Your system does not have enough entropy to produce the high-quality randomness that GnuPG needs. Install the 'haveged' package.

Doug