On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 8:43 AM, Davide Andreoli <d...@gurumeditation.it> wrote:

[snip]

> If all the bindings we have written so far need this
> lowercase-on-namespaces hack
> then It's probably correct to lowercase them directly in eo files, so that
> Efl.Ui.Button will
> become efl.ui.Button

It is even worse that in C++ the normal is all lower-case, so we
use the classes-start-with-uppercase-hack. But I agree with you
here. If we do have to deal with name clashes between namespaces
and classes anyway for bindings, why not prohibit clashes in Eolian
and force a style that avoids the clash.

+1 for lowercase namespaces.

> This way we will have:
> * consistent names between different languages
> * no more clashes between namespaces and class names.
> * lowered namespaces also seems more readable to me, as it give more weight
> to the
> class name and a bit less to the namespace.

We also have a problem with events: are they in a different "namespace"
or the same as methods? Couldn't get an answer for this yet. We shouldn't
allow clashes between events and methods because they will live in the same
namespace (the class itself) for most bindings anyway and using
prefixes/suffixes do not help because they can't guarantee a clash
is not possible anyway.

[snip]

Kind regards,
--