On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 09:35:13PM +0100, Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:
> ACK. I believe raster's reasoning for using lists in various spots that
> would intuitively like to be hashes was the size of the entries that are
> stored. IIRC evas/ecore_evas also use lists to store key/value userdata.

Yes, but the assumption is that there won't be many data nodes. If there
ARE (like in ewl themes which map generic keys to actual groups), then
you get the performance hit. So, its a tradeoff. This change (as far as
I understand) would be a single hash per edje file (~1K). (What's the typical
size of an edje file in memory?) E's theme (typically) a single file, so
this shouldn't be too bad.

It could also only allocate the hash for files that actually have data.

rephorm