On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 10:54 AM, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:50:10 +0200 "Cedric BAIL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:
>> On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 2:25 AM, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 02:43:33 +0300 Viktor Kojouharov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> > babbled:
>>
>> > hmmm wel then it spidermonkey or... nothing. and spidermonkey is pretty
>> > fat... it's api is pretty big... :/ quick look.. not smelling positive. :(
>>
>> I am playing with spidermonkey since some time now and trust me you
>> want to use lua for edje. It's smaller, easier to integrate and fit
>> the need of edje. It's perhaps not a good solution for big apps, but
>> for small script it should be perfect. And in my opinion, it's a
>> matter of a few days to switch to lua in edje and we should do it
>> sooner than latter. I would really like to see this before the end of
>> august and looking at edje, sounds like a really straight forward
>> jobs.
>
> man.. thank you! a man who has actually played with spidermonkey and js.. and
> real advice from the trenches! thanks muchly! confirms my thoughts that lua is
> a much better fit. i was thinking of getting lua in by end of august... i need
> to play with it first... the question is.. embryo - keep for compatibility
> (after the lua change) or throw out? i would keep it anyway while adding
> lua...
> but then.. remove or not? i am listening to those using embryo right now.

If it was just me I said just drop it. But if we really want to have a
smooth path, we can just choose the same path as for eet file format
change, drop a warning for a few month, then disable its support by
default in configure and later completely remove it. During the time,
embryo binding will not receive any more improvement.

--
Cedric BAIL