On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 2:25 AM, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 02:43:33 +0300 Viktor Kojouharov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> babbled:
>> Rhino is java based, so that's out. Then we have SpiderMonkey, which is
>> currently used by gecko1.9. That's not as fast as webkit's engine. Then
>> there's tamarin, which is practically future proof, with its support for
>> ES4. However, it's not complete. I don't know of any other engines out
>> there.

> hmmm wel then it spidermonkey or... nothing. and spidermonkey is pretty fat...
> it's api is pretty big... :/ quick look.. not smelling positive. :(

I am playing with spidermonkey since some time now and trust me you
want to use lua for edje. It's smaller, easier to integrate and fit
the need of edje. It's perhaps not a good solution for big apps, but
for small script it should be perfect. And in my opinion, it's a
matter of a few days to switch to lua in edje and we should do it
sooner than latter. I would really like to see this before the end of
august and looking at edje, sounds like a really straight forward
jobs.

--
Cedric BAIL