On 2 April 2010 08:57, Jose Gonzalez <jose_...@juno.com> wrote:
>   Carsten wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 16:56:44 -0400 Jose Gonzalez <jose_...@juno.com> said:
>>
>> don't feed the troll.
>>

>  No 'trolls' here man. People really should know *clearly*
> who the gate-keepers are, who controls what, what the
> project's aims and goals are, etc.
>
>      Of course most of the people in that list won't care if
> you remove their svn access. But some there were basically
> the core e-developers for many years.. and many of those
> no longer contribute because of issues with the way the project
> is 'run'.
>
>   Don't you see that there's a recurring problem here?
> Do you want that to repeat itself yet again, or do you want
> to be able to keep core developers?

Core developers are those with the most commits in the last
month/week. This changes over time as people come and go. Its the way
open source projects work. People put in what they can/want and then
continue along lifes path. Those that are dedicated will hang around
longer. A lot of the people on that list are indeed old school E devs
that have done a lot. Im sure if the winds of life blew them back in
our direction, they would get access back in a snap. The fact is, if
you stop contributing to the source, then you dont NEED commit access
to the source. Id be happy if raster was in charge of the SVN access,
seeing as it is his project. And as such, he should be the one that
makes these decisions. I also dont mind if major contributors add
extra developers; as long as they remain responsible for the people
they add, and remove them if they leave the project.

To quote the original email "unless you come up with a good reason why
not"; you didnt make a good point as to why not so far. And lets keep
on topic of the thread, or start another thread.

Toma.