On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 21:29:50 -0400 Jose Gonzalez <jose_...@juno.com> said:

> >>   No 'trolls' here man. People really should know *clearly*
> >> who the gate-keepers are, who controls what, what the
> >> project's aims and goals are, etc.
> >>

> > dude. by now, having founded and run this project for over 13 years... i
> > think i have the right to not have to go explain myself to you, or this
> > list, or ESPECIALLY anyone on the list of accounts to remove. you should
> > know better.
> >

>    As you say.. But it's not about who to remove if you want to or not,
> (and of course they won't care), it's about saying clearly that it's you
> not some ambiguous "we".

for you information... this was discussed on irc amongst several people tho
are core developers and long time contributors. just because you were not there
doesn't mean i have to go detailing who i have talked to, who i am, who this
"we is" etc. etc.

i am not creating some government or corporate-level bureaucracy to details
which committee had a meeting when and who attended, publish the minutes of
that meeting and so on to keep you happy. you will have to trust the fact
that this has been discussed as indicated and there was an agreement and that
someone is TAKING ACTION. there's too much stuff in this world that ends up in
endless discussion groups and never gets ACTED on. this  project is about DOING
things. why is that so? because *I* am about doing things. and the people who
join this project are doing so because they ALSO want to DO things. if they
want to just hang about and endlessly discuss - there are a lot of government
think tanks and countless other online forums to go discuss things forever
because having the meeting to discuss the discussion then to have the
conference to propose the solutions to then discuss them in further meetings
and so on and never DO anything.

i'm DOING something. i have put this up in the wider forum after the small
discussion with a few other people and offering a way to get off the nuke list.
i someone thinks that removing access is a woeful sin and i should be punished
and beaten for even considering it - how dare i do that nd ask people for their
opinions, then... let them come forth and say so.

suffice to say there is a FACT - accounts are dormant or have never been used
for a long period of time. i noticed them when using the e dev "database" for
finding people, and in the process i spotted quite a few who have had accounts
added long ago and never committed a single thing. they have no business
needing svn access. i also checked last login times on the servers, and did a
more extensive hunt through ALL developers there and came up with this list. i
mentioned that i found this to several other developers on irc - and they all
agreed there needs to be a clean. this is that clean. be happy i didn't just
unceremoniously nuke the accounts with no notice. it's tempting to do so to get
this off my todo list. i am being nice and friendly, offering an opportunity
for those people to say "oh hey! oh! i need it because of X and i haven't used
it because of Y" and i'll happily remove them from the "nuke" list if those
reasons seem acceptable.