On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:56:43 +0200 Tom Hacohen <t...@stosb.com> wrote:

> On 15/11/12 01:54, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > no i dont get it. thats my point. right now i'm rummaging thru gtk
> > menus in sylpheed. just fine. i am sliding my mouse across the menu
> > bar at the top showing and hiding menus one after the other really
> > fast and they ll work and show/hide. no missing menus.
> >

> I think most of the people that had it had it with "new" (i.e new
> versions) distros like arch. I guess you don't get it on your Series
> 9, right? It happens to me after a couple of hours, so maybe it has
> something to do with dim or whatever.

For what it's worth, I'm not getting that particular issue with claws
mail (a fork of sylpheed) on Ubuntu 12.04.  I AM getting some of the
claws mail popups flashing up briefly and vanishing again sometimes,
but working fine the second time I try.  Typically the password popup
for my PGP signature.  Dunno if that's related.  I've mentioned this
before. I'm not sure if it's related to my recent upgrade to 12.04, or
recent changes to work around bugs in claws mail and similar programs
that I DID NOT GET before the work around.  Both happened at about the
same time I think.

I can dual boot into my old 10.04 system, or run a stock 32 bit 10.04
system under qemu, and compile fresh E17s on either if you want some
tests done.