On 08/04/2016 10:23 AM, David Seikel wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 09:51:48 +0930 Simon Lees <sfl...@suse.de> wrote:
>

>> On 08/04/2016 09:37 AM, David Seikel wrote:

>>> gst1 is not available on some stable Linux distros.  :-P
>>>
>> Which one specifically? as far as I know all the major ones have
>> migrated and shouldn't you just be using the stable efl to match your
>> stable distro :P
>
> Ubuntu 12.04 LTS hasn't reached EOL yet.  VLC works fine with EFL
> on that.  If I was a mere user, sure I would stick to stable EFL, I'm a
> developer.  Though previous stable EFLs also had to be told not to use
> gst1.

gst1 is now the preferred option as basically all distro's are shipping
it gst0.10 can still be built with a configure flag i'm pretty sure as
an alternative to vlc

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                            Adeliade Australia, UTC+9:30