On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 10:53:57 +1000 David Seikel <onef...@gmail.com> said:

> On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 09:51:48 +0930 Simon Lees <sfl...@suse.de> wrote:
>

> > On 08/04/2016 09:37 AM, David Seikel wrote:

> > > gst1 is not available on some stable Linux distros.  :-P
> > >
> > Which one specifically? as far as I know all the major ones have
> > migrated and shouldn't you just be using the stable efl to match your
> > stable distro :P
>
> Ubuntu 12.04 LTS hasn't reached EOL yet.  VLC works fine with EFL
> on that.  If I was a mere user, sure I would stick to stable EFL, I'm a
> developer.  Though previous stable EFLs also had to be told not to use
> gst1.

12.04 is 4+ years old. so no. doesn't count. you CAN switch to vlc or CAN
switch to gst 0.10 backend with --enables/disables etc. but frankly. you don't
count. not for the purposes of selecting DEFAULTS you don't. if the idea was
"defaults are only on if everyone on the planet has that" then you would.  the
point is selecting for the vast majority of people.