Hello again all.

Thanks for the advice and suggestions.

I feel silly not to have found the source, so I'll hunt it out an try it
out (probably over the weekend)

I know what the others are saying about using Thunar / dolphin / some other
FM. but I really do like the look and feel of the Enlightenment apps, and
Thunar really doesn't fit in with the rest of the E17 default 'dark' look.

For The places Module
if it could simply add the USB drives into the menu with options to mount
/unmount and navigate to the folder, that would work. Or alternatively a
little icon that showed up when a disk in inserted (again mount / unmount
navigate options)
I don't always want my inserted disks to show up straight away, if I don't
need to have it mounted (but plugged in just in case) that is fine by be ~
why mount it if i'm not using any of the files.
However transfering data to / from colleagues I need to be able to easily
unmount and safely remove them (and be informed I can remove them).

I went back to xfce to see how it handled the whole thing, and it has no
problems unmounting the drives.

I don't have an issue for writing a shell script (or just using umount for
that matter) but it is a nuisance.

Mount points:

Debian seems to have the choice to be able to mount the disks in either
/media/[UserName]/[diskName], or depending on the modules in
/media/usb[0-x] ~ where x is the count of your USB ports.

I would like to upgrade to E19, but I can't get the ubuntu ppa to be
recognised. Not that it is urgent.

Thanks for all the advice.

David

  + 33 6 50 14 39 34

email:
        david.myers.24...@gmail.com

Address:
22 Rue de l'Eglise, Coupvray, 77700 (France)

        Ashlands, Cudham Lane North, Sevenoaks, Kent. (United Kingdom)