On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 12:51:22AM -0700, pe...@silmaril.ie wrote:

>Can you actually install udisks AND udisks2? I would have thought they
>would conflict.

mjt@berserkr:~$ dpkg -l | grep udisks
ii  gir1.2-udisks-2.0:amd64                                     2.1.3-5 amd64
     GObject based library to access udisks2 - introspection data
ii  libudisks2-0:amd64                                          2.1.3-5 amd64
     GObject based library to access udisks2
ii  libudisks2-dev:amd64                                        2.1.3-5 amd64
     GObject based library to access udisks2 - development files
ii  udisks                                                      1.0.5-1+b1
amd64        storage media interface
ii  udisks2                                                     2.1.3-5 amd64
     D-Bus service to access and manipulate storage devices

(Debian stable)

And yeah, I kinda quit caring about exact packages at the time, so I don't
know if only udisks2 would suffice. Maybe, maybe not; maybe a distro package
maintainer will step up one day and care for the whole community.

>I have another machine (at work) running e17 on Ubuntu 15.04 where I
>found that plugging in a USB stick *does* pop up a nice little icon of
>a USB stick. I'm still on Ubuntu 14.04 at home, so maybe an upgrade is
>needed.

I have nothing on e17. Can't remember why I eventually upgraded, it's a fine
wm, but when googling for *anything* that says explicitly e19 and getting
only e17 results there's something too legacy-like about it.

--
mjt