On 2/5/19 8:04 AM, Mick wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 February 2019 13:12:38 GMT Eric wrote:
Hello,

I have had a problem with kodi on the enlightenment desktop for quite
some time and have had no luck trying to resolve it.

The problem is that kodi only shows a black window when it is in
windowed mode.  It works fine in full screen mode. It has been like this
since about the time xbmc became kodi.

This occurs with Ubuntu, Arch and openSuse with Intel and Nvidia video
cards.

Has anyone used kodi on their enlightenment desktop in windowed mode
with success?

I have not had any luck searching for solutions on the internet.

I like to use kodi in windowed mode so I can keep an eye on other things
going on such as temperature when using it as a media player without
having to close the app or switch to a different terminal.

Regards,

Eric

I've had a similar experience with various apps using hardware acceleration,
so I blamed Radeon for it.

The workaround for me has been to press Ctrl+Alt+End which restarts the
compositor and the app window is rendered properly thereafter.

HTH in your case.

Thank you for responding but unfortunately no luck with the Ctrl+Alt+End.

I have seen that there are similar problems when using the Cinnamon desktop that has something to do with the rendering of kodi.

I was hoping someone had it working from the list and could tell me their secret. :-)

Regards,

Eric