Mike, my complaint (and the complaint I get from my clients) is the lack of Simplify Printing.    I get that it's "coming soon" but that's not the way to roll out a brand new printing system.  Finish it, then roll it out.  The regular complaints I get about Firefox changes is "too many changes to UI" and "they removed feature X". It's great to get feature X back later, but by the time that happens, you will have lost a percentage of your users, and they may not come back.

For Firefox to succeed it needs three things - more and more speed (nobody likes waiting) and compatibility with websites (I'm hearing more and more about "this site doesn't work in Firefox" from clients), and more security/privacy (the raison d'être of Firefox.

It sort of seems like Firefox is making UI changes for the sake of making changes.  Changing the UI creates friction which creates frustration among end-users.  UI changes should be very few and far between.   The new printing system looks prettier than the old one, but it's less functional, and it requires relearning.

Sorry to gripe, but I'm a massive Firefox fan and I push it to all my clients.  Recently, I'm getting more and more push back for the above reasons.

At the very least, when you make a UI change like this that is missing features in it's initial release, put a very obvious button that says "Want the old version back?  Click Here."

Thane K. Sherrington

Computer Connection, Ltd. ...taking the mystery out of computers since 1982.
Winner of the 2012 Ian Spencer - Excellence in Business Award
*Thanks for making us the Reader's Choice Best Computer Store in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019!*
95 College St., Antigonish,
NS B2G 1X6
902-863-3361 (phone)
902-863-2580 (fax)