Hi EOSophiles,

I am trying to get hold of an “eyepiece” to put on my telephoto lenses, in
place of the camera body so that I can use them as telescopes, in order to
save weight (not to mention money) when out photographing & watching
wildlife.

My first question is - does anyone know where I can come by such a device in
a Canon EF fit? WJM has told me that he has seen such items advertised in
the past but not recently.

I have obtained a “Minolta Lens/Monocular Converter” & found a company
called SRB Film in Luton, England who are very helpfully prepared to convert
the mount on it to Canon EF but I would also like to be able to take
advantage of the image stabiliser on my 100-400. I found the lens contact
pin-out details (below) on WJM’s site but I am not an electronics expert.
Can anyone tell me what is likely to be needed to turn on the IS?