----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following any
advice in this forum.]----



Tim,

Be sure you comply with all the guidance in the STC.  I seem to recall I
received auto fuel stickers for the tanks, I had to make an entry in the
aircraft log book and/or had to have a copy of the STC in the plane at
all times.  It gave all the info in the STC papers.

With that, you're good to go with car gas.

I bought new fuel cans and used them for nothing else.  I kept them very
clean.  I'd fill the cans on the way to the airport.  When you buy your
gas, it's good to use the olive bottle test to check for water and
alcohol.  (Fill bottle to a mark with water, then fill with fuel.  Put
on the lid and shake then let it settle out.  If the "water" level is
higher than the mark, there was water or fuel in the gasoline.)

Some people get the siphon hoses with the built-in starter hand-pump.
Then, with the cans setting on the wing root, you can easily fill the
wing tanks.

You may hear people tell you that you're more susceptible for carb ice
with auto fuel.  I'm still skeptical on this thought.  I certainly never
had problems nor have most of us who used auto fuel for many years.  Be
aware of the thought, though, and maybe have your co-pilot call out
rough engine and you pull the carb heat for practice sometimes.

Ed Burkhead
http://edburkhead.com/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    (remove the QQQ)

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim and Martha Briggs [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 8:03 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [SPAM] [COUPERS-FLYIN] Auto fuel STC

----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following
any advice in this forum.]----


Ercoupers

I was reviewing all the 337s for my new plane and came across an EAA
auto
fuel STC that was done in 1985.  This was something I wanted to do at
some
point but with this already in the books, am I good to go with auto
fuel??
At that point in its history the plane had the original engine (C85).
It
now has the O-200.  Any advice in this area would be appreciated.

Tim


========================================================================
======
To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm
Search the archives on http://escribe.com/aviation/coupers/




==========================================================================
====
To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm
Search the archives on http://escribe.com/aviation/coupers/


<<attachment: winmail.dat>>

Reply via email to