----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following any advice in this forum.]----


There are actually two STCs, one for the Airplane which includes models 415D, E, G, F-1, F-1A, A-2, A2A, M10 - and then one for the continental engines.  The FAA STC Certificate lists the following Continental engine models:
 
E-190, E-205, E-213, E-233, E-252, ATC72 and ATC174 on the certificate.  I think the C85 is the E-233 and the O-200 is the E-252. 
 
The "limitations and conditions" paragraph states:
"This approval should not be extended to other engines of the model that incorporate any other previously approved modification, unless it it determined that the interrelationship between this change and any other previously approved modification will introduce no adverse effect on the airworthiness of this engine model. ...Specific approval must be obtained for each model aircraft to insure compatibility with its fuel system."
 
Hmm.........  I guess the "most conservative approach" (a Cockpit Resource Management technique) would be to contact the EAA and see if I need to do another one.  Although, it does seem to me I'm covered by both STCs since they give "blanket" approval to all the Ercoupes and Continental C/O-200engines - not a specific STC for each airframe and engine combination.
 
This is all new ground for me and I'd appreciate any and all advice.
 
Tim Briggs   
-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Burkhead [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 1:06 PM
To: Coupe-List
Subject: RE: [COUPERS-FLYIN] Auto fuel STC

----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following any advice in this forum.]----


 

Oops, Richard’s right.  You’ll probably need a new STC.  (Sorry, I answered without reading all the way through your message.  Apologies.)

 

Ed Burkhead

http://edburkhead.com/

[EMAIL PROTECTED]    (remove the QQQ)

 

 
If I were you I would get another 337 for you’re A/C as the STC is for the engine and not the airframe.
Dick & Nancy  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 6:03 AM
Subject: [COUPERS-FLYIN] Auto fuel STC

----[Please read http://ercoupers.com/disclaimer.htm before following any advice in this forum.]----


Ercoupers

I was reviewing all the 337s for my new plane and came across an EAA auto
fuel STC that was done in 1985.  This was something I wanted to do at some
point but with this already in the books, am I good to go with auto fuel??
At that point in its history the plane had the original engine (C85).  It
now has the O-200.  Any advice in this area would be appreciated.

Tim


==============================================================================
To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm
Search the archives on http://escribe.com/aviation/coupers/


==============================================================================
To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm
Search the archives on http://escribe.com/aviation/coupers/



==============================================================================
To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm
Search the archives on http://escribe.com/aviation/coupers/



==============================================================================
To leave this forum go to: http://ercoupers.com/lists.htm
Search the archives on http://escribe.com/aviation/coupers/



Reply via email to