Michael,

You've spent a considerable amount of time putting your thoughts into
writing, so I don't intend to be dismissive of them, but this doesn't seem
to be the right distribution channel for whatever you're getting at.

As it stands, you've thrown quite a few questions out that don't seem to be
related to the ongoing standardization and specification process that this
group is primarily focused on. E.g.,

   - Are RxJS Observables basically streams?
   - What will our children be learning in 100 years?
   - What are generators?
   - ...do they work with Promises?
   - ...do they work with streams?
   - etc.

There are reams of documentation, articles, and guides that delve into
these topics in great detail, including the excellent *General Theory of
Reactivity* that you already mentioned. The questions you've brought up are
all valid, and these resources will help you gain the knowledge you need if
you still want to put a specific proposal forward -- but for now your
points seem to awkwardly highlight that you've already identified the best
resources to do this, but refuse to actually read them.

And while es-discuss is indeed an appropriate place to solicit feedback on
language-level proposals, the ideas you've thrown out read like an
off-the-cuff stream of consciousness:

   - Promises that automatically render diagrams?
   - A GUI for loading/defining modules (somehow related to an AST)?
   - Async strings with some informal behavior around branching and
   transforms, that are someone analogous to version control, and again, a GUI
   is involved somewhere?
   - Real-time booleans with change events (but with a new definition for
   "change events" that is oddly based around a non-reactive datastructure).

I made an honest attempt to make it through your posts with an eye for what
your point is, but these simply aren't concrete or coherent enough to
facilitate a conversation, much less be actionable.

The concept of "do it now" or "do it later" is as easy as 123.

I urge you to consider that statements like this belie that you haven't
grappled with the subject matter enough. It frankly trivializes the topic
beyond recognition.

If you have a concrete proposal you'd like to see discussed, then a
dedicated thread with a clear description, examples, and motivating factors
is completely welcome. If you're looking to rant or ruminate around topics
like Promises, Generators, Observables, Streams, etc., while simultaneously
admitting that you aren't taking the time to understand them, then this is
simply the wrong venue.

Jeremy Martin
661.312.3853
@jmar777 <https://twitter.com/jmar777> / @j <https://stream.live/j>