On Jul 16, 2008, at 2:36 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:

> Just wait, "reify" may yet end up as the last name standing...

Methods don't reify things, the language definition does. Property
descriptors are reified in ES3.1 whether or not you ever call the
method.

I think getPropertyDescriptor is the best name suggested so far, it
has no chance of being confused for a method that would get the
property value, and it does not use obscure CS jargon in an incorrect
way. I don't think brevity is critical for these metaprogramming/
reflection type methods - they are not the kind of thing that will be
commonly used by most programmers. Mostly they will be used by
frameworks such as Ajax libraries or secure language subsets.

Regards,
Maciej