Hello Dennis,

In neutral the drive line is not turning, so it is something else.  If the
motor has a pilot shaft and turning a accessory unit, check that.  Also check
the motor coupler.  My EV first came with a set screw coupler that had four set
screws place 90 degrees apart all at the same length.  Had vibration in this
coupler, replace the set screw that presses against the key way which was
sticking out further.  Kept replacing that set screw until the vibration went
away.

Also I use a tool steel harden key instead of the soft ones in the motor shaft
key way.  Any time a set screw drive is used, it is best to use a Locktite
Compound that is design for shafts.  Torque each set screw evenly and run test
the motor with coupler only.

This set up ran ok for ten years and replace the motor coupler with a taper
lock coupler.  Took the coupler, flywheel and pressure plate to a shop that
does engine balancing.  Some electric motor shops also can do this balancing.
They will first run the coupler first.  The flywheel had the tooth gear remove
and machine the thick edge off and the back of the flywheel until it was
balance for 10,000 rpm.

Then the taper lock coupler, flywheel and pressure plate was all assembly and
balance as a assembly.  They then mark the location of each unit in relation to
each other.  When you assemble these units, make sure the assembly marks are
line up.

Some times the original flywheel and pressure plate that was on a engine or
purchase as a set, has these alignment marks which may be white paint.  Make
sure these are line up.

Also some flywheels are design to balance a engine in it self.  These flywheels
are call external balance. Use a internal balance flywheel for a balance motor.
 Some times the external balance flywheels can be balance if the bolt pattern
on flywheel are space evenly.  Some external balance flywheels have a uneven
space pattern design to fit a engine crank flange in a certain way.

Roland