Many thanks to everyone for checking out the page! I'm delighted to see
that HTML4 still seems to work. I was worried that the web had evolved
past it (the way my ASCII artwork can no longer be displayed on many
people's computers). :-(

Lawrence Harris wrote:
Getting requirements to meet WCAG 2.0 Level A or AA for our web
pages. http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/quickref/  This is designed to
allow alternate readers, could be voice or brail or just large zoom
factor and still make the contents usable.

I hadn't thought about how it would be read by the visually impaired.
I'll read that page with the guidelines, and try to apply them in the
future.

Glen Hoag wrote:
A good way to check ones HTML coding is to run your pages through
the markup validator at http://validator.w3.org

Thanks Glen. I didn't realize that there was an automated way to do this
(or I wouldn't have bothered everyone).

I submitted the controllers.htm page and it came up with 16 errors. Some
were mismatched <p> and </p> tags, which I fixed. But most were omission
of the ALT= attribute in IMG tags. I used TITLE= instead. ALT only
displays the text name when I right-click an image and look at its
Properties. TITLE does this, *and* causes the text name for the image to
be displayed when I mouse over the image. I guess I have to use both
attributes.
--
An engineer can do for a nickel what any damn fool can do for a dollar.
        -- Henry Ford