From: Martin WINLOW
> It's not just convenience. There is the issue of theft/vandalism of/to
> charging cords
> and the (small) danger to passers by posed by them i.e. the trip hazard.
> They'll also
> wear out in time. The inductive system removes all these problems.

Maybe. Everything hinges on how well each system is designed. A weak idea,
excellently implemented, can be great! And a great idea, badly implemented, can
be terrible.

People have a tendency to make "straw man" arguments. They compare the worst
implementation of an idea they don't like, to an idealized version of the idea
they *do* like. We don't get objective comparisons; we get prejudiced views
from the extremes.

--
Excellence does not require perfection. -- Henry James