On Jul 21, 2014, at 12:53 AM, Martin WINLOW via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> You might be able to even make it automatically adjust the focus to slightly
> off-centre alignment, thereby making parking easier and the whole she-bang
> more efficient.  And maybe focus vertically as well as
> laterally/longitudinally?

I think much more likely would be a self-parking car that perfectly positions
itself. You can even imagine a car that you stop, get out of, and then it goes
off valet-style and crams itself into a space much too small to even open the
doors.

Considering the state of on-street parking in San Francisco when last I was
there, such a feature would likely be a major selling point for a combustion
car....

b&