Ben,
Are you putting the cells in series or in parallel?
45 cells in parallel will indeed allow you to draw 45 times as much
current - but at the same voltage as a single cell (3.2V) 3600A still
gives 11kW.

If yo uare putting the cells in series, then each cell can only do as
much currrent as a single cell and since all cells are stacked, that
current runs through *all* the cells, so the same 80A through them all,
but at 45 times the voltage of a single cell, so the same 11kW.
It is real simple - each cell contributes a certain amount of power:
3.2V x 80A = 256W.
So, 45 cells can do 45 times as much power: 45 x 256W = 11.5kW
Depending how you wire those cells, they can increase the total voltage
by stacking cells in series, or they can increase the current by wiring
them in parallel, you can even create a mix of series/parallel, for
example
3 strings of 15 series cells for 15 times higher voltage (48V) and 3
times higher current by adding up the currents through the 3 parallel
strings for a total of 3x80A = 240A. 48V x 240A = 11.5kW because the
power can never
be more than the sum of what each cell can deliver...

Hope this clarifies,

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Skype: cor_van_de_water Tel: +1 408 383 7626