I recommend a Nissan Leaf. It's not a compliance car and you should be able to
get one where you are.

As for maintenance and repairs, I don't think that is going to be much of an
issue. My Leaf is almost three years old with 33,700 miles. The only
maintenance or repairs it has needed are a pair of tires two weeks ago, I went
to a tire shop rather than a Nissan dealer.

Ed