  From: Dennis Miles<mailto:dmiles33...@gmail.com>
  To: Roland<mailto:e...@msn.com> ; Electric Vehicle Discussion
List<mailto:ev@lists.evdl.org>
  Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2014 12:39 PM
  Subject: Re: [EVDL] Hybrid Mustang: AC or DC?

  This is an interesting point you stated, " One ton of A/C is equal to 12,000
btus/hr. and  3420 btus/hr equals 1000 watts." However, it applies to direct
conversion such as resistance heating, and not to the compressor operated,
gaseous to liquid, state changing, "Heat Pump," as that system, so widely used,
is not converting the electrical energy into heat or cool, It is moving the
heat. (By absorbing head with liquid to gas vaporization. And releasing heat by
compressing the vapor, resulting in a state change to liquid and subsequently
the "heat of vaporization" previously absorbed, is given off . This
"heat-pumping" works for space cooling, as well as heating. The placard on my
home heat pump (a  unit manufactured in 1985) shows an "EER" (Energy Efficiency
Rating) of 13, indicating the BTUs moved into or out of my home, only require
1/13 of the comparable electrical energy, as if used to heat the air, and the
3.5 ton only uses 945 watts, to produce 42,000 btus/hr, (Plus f
 an motor consumption.) of heating,or cooling, energy flow. (I agree with you
other computations it is only the conversion of one ton of AC @ 12,000 btus/hr
by using the 3420 btus/hr as cooling electrical energy of 1,000 watts
indicating 4.7hp for a one ton
  ac being a possible point of confusion to which I object.)

  Dennis Lee Miles

  (evprofes...@evprofessor.com<mailto:evprofes...@evprofessor.com>)

   Founder:    EV Tech. Institute Inc.

  Phone # (863) 944-9913 (12 noon to 12 midnight Eastern US Time)

  Educating yourself, does not mean you were stupid; it means, you are
intelligent enough,  to know, that there is plenty left to learn!

            You Tube Video link:
http://youtu.be/T-FVjMRVLss<http://youtu.be/T-FVjMRVLss>

  On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Roland via EV