Thanks, Dennis. Your description of a cooling system -- cold plates and a
radiator -- seems like a good starting point. I might have to contemplate
adding some sort of an active chiller rather than just rely on a radiator --
again, ambient is often well over 100°F, and can easily get over 120°F near the
road surface.

Your suggestions on weight distribution have started me down the path of
investigating ideal car weight distribution ratios. Since I'll be keeping the
V8, and based on what I've been reading so far, the space in the trunk right
over the rear axle, right behind the rear seat, might be the best place for all
the batteries, but I won't know until I can get the car on scales -- and that
won't make sense to do until after all the non-EV work is done. There's also
actually some room in the engine compartment, and even a fair bit of room in
the front wheel wells (well clear of the wheels).

...but at least I have a better idea of where to go from here....

b&