Now the dust has settled somewhat, does anyone has the insider knowledge of why
Tesla abandoned the 40kWh pack and why, more interestingly, it didn't come with
a supercharger option?

I still think it would have a market, particularly in Asia and Europe where
shorter average journeys are the norm - but only with an SC option.

MW